Friday 22 July 2011

Slime Scene Investigations

Owen is calling this my 'murder tent' but luckily the neighbours I share the garden with see it as 'nurturing'.

Hoping to grow algae mostly... for my molluscs... then hang the pictures willy-nilly on quiet walls

Very glad to have finally found a suitable use for the horrid gold frames purchased from Ex-Hotel Furniture for £1.50 a pop which hve been taking up valuable real-eatate in the studio for four years like city commuters whose only interaction with their new village is to hire a cleaner for not enough pay.

(Thought I'd be able to use them as the basis for some luscious paintings-as-commodities activity; cheap frames = better margins, but it just didn't work for me. Don't think it works that way for paintings at all. I mean, if you are going to spend your time making objects specifically to have monetary exchange value within an existing market, wouldn't you want to make something useful like ever-better prosthetics or a new kind of shoe that helps old people not to fall over in the snow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment